Sunday, October 26, 2014

The World Would Be A Better Place If.....

Reflection 2014



Reflection 2014 By Hilda Joseph

      THE INCIDENT
This is what happened in my reflections program in Twin Hickory Elementary School, [my school] in the year of 2014.
Participation, submission, results, and the reevaluation Is what I’m about to tell.
   We received a flyer saying; all who are interested in participating for reflections may join. As usual I joined the music category, but this year I planned doing piano and drums. I practiced and practiced until I got something that was happy sounding and a catchy tune! Writing notes were challenging, but I did it.
    The time came to submit my work to the reflection authority. When I arrived in the cafeteria [that’s where you had to turn it in] most of the kids were leaving and some still were there. I asked a lady where to turn my work and she said, “On that table”, no one was there at the table, but I put my stuff and signed my name on the music-participant sheet.
   We had to wait two whole months, but it finally arrived. We were in Target near the electronic section, when I heard my parents called me. Dad held mom’s phone with the screen that said, reflection winners. As my dad scrolled down my name wasn’t there .Nor in Honorable Mention.
      My parents immediately acted and e-mailed my principal. It said to re-evaluate Hilda’s reflection composition work. My principal told the reflection’s authority, and today [23-Nov-2014] during my piano lessons my dad got an e-mail from the 2014 reflection “Chair”, saying she could not find my entry form so that was the reason they seems to be missing my results on the pipe line… added to that the e-mail was saying I won the 1st place. At first I didn’t believe my dad, but when he showed me, I got very elated!!!!
As a result of this, I learned that “practice makes perfect.” I will never forget that my participation, submission, results, and the reevaluation in this year’s reflection 2014!!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment